PURE ETCR is the world’s first all-electric, multi-brand, touring car series, and gives the world’s largest and most-recognisable brands the chance to fight for an official electric Manufacturers’ title.
Underpinning this all-new race series is a forward-thinking technical concept, set out by ETCR creators WSC Group, aimed at showing off the most extraordinary performance elements of the world’s fastest-accelerating touring cars and creating exciting on-track battles.
- Four-or-five-door production touring cars
- Electric motor with 300kw continuous power and 500kw maximum power at 1200rpm
Battery capacity of 65kw at 800v
- Rear-wheel-drive with single gear
- Double wishbone rear suspension with McPherson struts at front
- Common Magelec Propulsion power unit (motor, inverter, gearbox) and Williams Advanced Engineering battery pack to fit all cars
- DC/DC converters by BrightLoop
- Hydrogen generators from HTWO powering the charger units
Additionally, PURE ETCR founding partner Goodyear provides an all-weather tyre for the series, meaning fewer tyres need to be produced, transported and disposed of than if there were different constructions for wet and dry conditions. Drivers are allowed to use four sets of tyres (including three new sets) per weekend.